Sunday, 29 March 2020

Covid19 Lockdown

hello there,
If you're here by chance at this moment because of the worldwide covid19 lockdown, I welcome you and wish you the best of health to you and your entire family and loved ones.

We are here together although separated by social distancing. Who would have thought the world would come to this in such a short time?

in here in Malaysia where my new 'backdoor' government announced a nationwide Movement Restricted Order (MRO) or in Malay: Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan (PKP) on 18th March 2020. However, I've been in Self Isolation much earlier than that, due to one of the engineer at my workplace was Covid19 Person Under Investigation (PUI), and we had to leave the work premises for disinfection on 9th March 2020. So technically, I've been at home for 21 days. only going out to get supplies 3 or 4 times.

It's not like I didn't expect this to happen, because I've been following the news on this 'mystery virus' since that day I saw it on my twitter timeline in january, and been following the sub-reddit on this subject like an obsessed tin foil hatter. But it seems like the authorities did not take it seriously eventhough most of them had warnings of two months ahead of China. So, here we are, everyone in their homes in order to flatten the curve.

everything seems surreal and dystopian-like.

Going out to get supplies now feels like a very important and life-threatening mission that you can't avoid of not doing. Lists, route planning, path flows, pre and post preparation of getting and processing your groceries now is like handling a radioactive material. Just because we don't know if that thing we took from the aisle was touched by someone who has the virus.

at first, it was nerve wrecking.

When we were first sent home that Monday afternoon, I went all OCD and disinfected everything that I had touched and also everything that I brought back from the office. I never knew that person who was positive Covid and I hear that person was working on different floor from me. that makes my chances of getting infected low. But that didn't prevented me from the occasional feeling of feverish, some shortness of breath and panicky. Not knowing is a curse, it makes you worry. The only thing I can do at that time was go out for a run (at that time, running wasn't a crime yet) at the park near my apartment for a few kms just to check if my lungs could still function as normal. Hahaha. Anxiety macam apa.

It's the new normal.

After a week, we start to adapt to the changes that occur in our lives. Try not to take everything too seriously because it will burden us emotionally and mentally. Look on the bright side of life. there is always a silver lining.

If you've come here to my blog somehow during this lockdown or MRO or PKP or whatever you call it, do give me a shoutout. My prayers for everyone's health and wellbeing.

2 comments:

Jamil said...

Can't believe I missed this post by 6 months

Dyanna said...

... and I'm replying this comment 5 years later. lol.